Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
How to Detoxify Your Body Naturally
Whether you know how to naturally detoxify your body or not, your body knows. As a matter of fact, it's nothing new. A fit, healthy body will detoxify naturally every single day, all day long.
You naturally detoxify your body every time you breathe out, sweat or go to the bathroom.
Air you exhale and waste you eliminate through skin, bowels and bladder include toxins your body wants to get rid of. But natural body detoxification must begin in your cells. Your lymphatic system, liver, spleen and kidneys all process toxins that would otherwise build up in the cells.
After toxins and waste materials leave your cells, they're eliminated from your body through various organs, such as kidneys (urine), colon (feces), skin (sweat) and lungs (carbon dioxide).
Top Ten Tips to Naturally Detoxify Your Body
Natural body detoxification starts with a good cleansing diet that fuels cells with the necessary nutrients to detoxify your body naturally. While extreme detox programs can be harsh and even detrimental, you can naturally detoxify your body with the following 10 healthy lifestyle practices.
1. Eat a super healthy cleansing diet. Natural body detoxification must first consider the needs of your trillions of diverse cells, which all require the same cellular nutrition to detoxify naturally. Your cells need high quality protein, plus essential fatty acids from whole grains, nuts, seeds, olive oil, and omega 3 fish oil from cold water fish, such as salmon, tuna and sardines.
2. Boost your bowels with fiber rich foods. To ensure toxins don't build up and linger in your system, also include plenty of fresh vegetables, raw fruit and other nutritious high fiber foods.
3. Drink 2 quarts of water or more a day. Pure, clean water bulks up fiber and flushes out unwanted toxins. Drinking 8 glasses a day, preferably from glass bottles instead of plastic, is one of the best ways to naturally detoxify your body. Soft drinks, alcohol, black tea and coffee are no substitute. Try herbal teas if you want something hot. For flavor, add fresh lemon juice.
4. Exercise and stretch your body daily. You need regular physical activity to naturally detoxify. At least a half-hour a day of exercise and stretching improves blood circulation, helps you excrete toxins through sweat and burns calories to break down toxins contained in fat cells.
5. Reduce toxins coming into your body. Whenever possible eat organic food and avoid food additives, high glycemic index foods, bad fats, stimulants, drugs and environmental chemicals.
6. Stimulate skin to detox through pours. Massage boosts the lymphatic system for natural body detoxification. Drink water afterwards to increase toxin elimination. Dry brushing your skin before bathing also increases circulation and stimulates your body's ability to rid itself of toxins.
7. Sweat for perspiration waste elimination. Besides physical activity, saunas or hot baths with Epsom or sea salts can be used to induce sweating and eliminate toxins and heavy metals.
8. Do regular deep breathing exercises. Deep, slow, conscious breathing periodically during the day releases carbon dioxide and toxic gases from your body as you exhale and allows oxygen to reach your tissues by circulating through your lungs, bloodstream, heart and brain.
9. Reduce stress with positive focus. Since harboring negative emotions can be toxic too, it's important to focus on positive thoughts and behavior. Even crying is a way to naturally detoxify.
10. Take natural cleansing supplements. Cleanse and protect your body with a full spectrum of whole foods health supplements. Focus on vitamins A, B-complex, C, and E, magnesium chromium, selenium and omega 3 fish oil. Also helpful are green tea, milk thistle and garlic.
When your natural body detoxification system is compromised or breaks down and impurities aren't properly filtered out, waste and toxins can adversely affected every cell in your body.
To check out my highest recommendations for the most effective supplements to help your cells and organs detoxify and function most efficiently, go to the feel better and fish oil web sites.
And be sure to sign up for my Natural Health Newsletter.
Click here for the Site Map.
Articles you might also enjoy:
Food Digestion and Digestive System Diagram
Basic Nutrition 101 Healthy Eating Tips
Relieving Constipation Naturally in 12 Steps
Do you Need Nutritional Supplements?
To subscribe to the Natural Health Newsletter, just enter your email address in the subscribe box at the bottom of this page.
© Copyright Moss Greene. All Rights Reserved.
Note: The information contained on this website is not intended to be prescriptive. Any attempt to diagnose or treat an illness should come under the direction of a physician who is familiar with nutritional therapy.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2013 by Moss Greene. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Moss Greene. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Moss Greene for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.