What To Keep in Your Crochet Bag
Scissors or a round thread/yarn cutter. Scissor sleeves and holders come in handy to keep the business end from poking holes in your bag or project.
Crochet hooks based appropriate for your current project.
* Case to keep your crochet hooks organized. You can also crochet a pouch for your hooks.
* Stitch markers or pieces of scrap yarn to use as markers.
* A baggy or some kind of container for the stitch markers or scrap yarn.
* Pencil and highlighter pen.
* A small notebook or notepad for taking notes and writing down measurements.
* Gauges that measure hook size, rows and stitches, and a ruler. Boye has an all in one tool called Stitch & Row Gauge Needle Check.
* Row counter. These come in several makes and models.
* Plastic Chibi tube or a needle keeper for your yarn and tapestry needles.
* Yarn sleeve that keeps your skeins of yarn together, neat and organized. Boye makes them in several sizes and colors.
* A copy of your pattern on paper or an e-reader/tablet. Tablets are wonderful because they can hold many patterns, books, and magazines in a small space.
* A big bag with compartments to keep everything in. Instead of buying one, why not crochet one?
This isn't an all-inclusive list. You can add or take away whatever you feel suits your needs. Staying organized helps save you time and money. You don’t have to waste time digging through an unorganized bag or spend money replacing lost items.
If you have questions feel free to send an email or post them in the forum using the links provided in the right hand column. Also fell free to share any suggestions or great tips for keeping an organized crochet bag that aren't mentioned here.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Melissa Rodriguez. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Melissa Rodriguez. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Holly Messenger Aamot for details.